Welcome to my ePortfolio, My personal and professional life goal is to Cure MS (Click for VIDEO). My mother has secondary progressive MS. At the Miami University Leadershape Retreat in the summer of 2005 I defined my vision; to find a cure for Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Your vision is designed to help you take small steps to reach your ultimate goal. The steps I have taken so far include graduating from Miami University with a minor in neuroscience and graduating from Wright State University with a Master’s in Science after performing research as part of Dr. Alvarez’s Lab with a project on the extent of reformation of inhibitory synapses on injured/regenerating neurons and alteration of their properties. I performed my dissertation research at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center as part of Dr. Nancy Ratner’s Lab with a project on disruption of white matter tracts in the central nervous system in gain of function rasopathies. Additionally, I have been involved with Walk MS for over a decade, had the please of serving on the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Ohio Valley Chapter board, and currently serve the National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Greater Illinois Chapter as a member of the junior board. I have served as an ambassador for the Myelin Repair Foundation (MRF) during it’s tenure and served on the scientific advisory board for the Multiple Sclerosis Discovery Forum. I am excited to have joined the lab of Dr. Stephen D. Miller at Northwestern School of Medicine in Chicago, as a post-doctoral fellow generously supported by the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. I intend to do postdoctoral research and then obtain a faculty position at an academic institution where I will run my own lab as a primary investigator with a focus on remyelination and neuroimmunology.
- People strong in the Focus theme can take a direction, follow through, and make the corrections necessary to stay on track. They prioritize, then act.
- People strong in the Woo theme love the challenge of meeting new people and winning them over. They derive satisfaction from breaking the ice and making a connection with another person.
- People strong in the Futuristic theme are inspired by the future and what could be. They inspire others with their visions of the future.
- People strong in the Strategic theme create alternative ways to proceed. Faced with any given scenario, they can quickly spot the relevant patterns and issues.
- People strong in the Learner theme have a great desire to learn and want to continuously improve. In particular, the process of learning, rather than the outcome, excites them.
To view my ePortfolio, scroll over horizontal menu at top of page and click on the desired area of interest. Take note that several areas have an additional drop down menu. Enjoy.
A little neural stimulation…